Thursday 5 January 2017

Scratch Level 2-Racing Game


Link: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/133807118/#editor

Questions

1. I had quite a few difficulties while programming this game. The largest one was probably figuring out how to end the game with the background that said "orange/blue wins" and then hiding the cars so that they didn't show up on that background. I used the "receive message" block to change the background once one of the cars had won, but then I used a slightly different shade of orange/blue so I could change the car costumes using the "when touching (colour)" block. I used a slightly different colour because I already had a block for the cars to explode if they touched the other coloured car. I also was confused about how to start the game only after the countdown, but then I realized I had to use the "wait for _ seconds" block.

2. I changed the racetrack, because the loop was way too easy, by drawing my own with the brush tool. I added a countdown so that it seemed more like an actual game by creating a sprite with 5 different costumes and switching them every second. I added end backgrounds for each of the cars so that, once again, it was seem more like a game. Other than those, I also made the game multiplayer and changed the cars' costumes when they crashed into each other or went off the road.

1 comment:

  1. Great work with all the extra details! There is a bit of an issue with the cars and the explosion costume. They seem to get stuck in the explosion mode. How could you fix this?
    45/50

    ReplyDelete

Final Self-Assessment

1. What was your favourite activity/assignment in the course? My favourite assignment this year/course would definitely be the character te...