Thursday 24 November 2016

Term 2 Learning Plan

1. I would like to try all the different programs I'm offered, in order to choose my favourite to continue and work on. Of course, we're already doing that, but I'd like to try things at my own speed. Everything sounds cool at the moment, but I'll look at the programs that are already locally installed and try my hand on those first, like Gamemaker, Alice, Unity, and Blender. I would also like to try programs and programming languages that aren't locally installed, like Python and Java.

2. I plan to experiment with every program first, and possibly do a small project for each. The internet is a wonderful place when it wants to be, and I can probably find anything I really set myself to find. To start, I can totally look at some tutorial pages and videos, like this video on Gamemaker basics,and Codecademy offers some cool (and long) tutorials for programming.

3. I think it would be best to work by myself for now, since I need to grasp the basics first, and having a partner might render it. Later on, though, if there's a good reason, I'd definitely do something with a partner.

4. Well, I definitely will have questions or difficulties, so my teacher seems like a good resource to ask for help. If I find a program that looks interesting, but needs to be installed, I would also have to ask my teacher. I can ask my teacher and friends if I don't get what I'm doing or I don't know what I want to do as a project.

5.As I said before, I'll be doing little projects here and there, and I'll know that they're successful if my beta-tester/a classmate thinks that they're fun and not buggy. If I have time, I would also want to try doing a (few) larger project(s) to improve more on the program of my choice. When I'm finished with something, I'll post on the blog, probably in the same format as the Kodu intro and PacKodu post.

6. Learning the basics of a program is fairly simple, but improving on it is hard, so to at least get a grasp on what I'm doing, I'll probably need at least 3-4 classes to simply learn the basics. Then, I think smaller projects will take around half a month to complete (depends entirely on how well I work with the program), and larger projects might take a month or months to complete.

7. AHHH LETS GOOOOO

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,
    Here's some good gamemaker resources:
    http://www.yoyogames.com/learn
    www.gameprogrammingcourse.com/?page_id=95

    And here's some good resources for Unity:
    https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,

    Can you check-in with me with short term (weekly) plans regarding this so I know where you are at? Then posting weekly to your blog about what you are completing. Thanks!

    Mr. S

    ReplyDelete

Final Self-Assessment

1. What was your favourite activity/assignment in the course? My favourite assignment this year/course would definitely be the character te...